What are the Arts Recognition Awards?
(Don’t forget to save the link after submitting if you want to edit your entry. Super handy!)
Teaching Awards (4 awards):
Any OCDSB teacher who significantly promotes the arts in education during the 2017-2018 calendar year may be nominated.
- Elementary School Arts Education Award – Performance (Music, Theatre, Dance)
- Elementary School Arts Education Award – Exhibition (2D, 3D, Mixed Media, Digital, Photography)
- Secondary School Arts Education Award – Performance (Music, Theatre, Dance)
- Secondary School Arts Education Award – Exhibition (2D, 3D, Mixed Media, Digital, Photography)
Student Awards (4 awards):
Any student enrolled in OCDSB who significantly exhibits artistic merit during the 2017-2018 calendar year may be nominated.
- Elementary – Visual Arts
- Elementary – Performance
- Secondary – Visual Arts
- Secondary – Performance
Volunteer Award (2 awards):
This award is for an OCDSB community member who has shown dedication to the arts through volunteering.
(Students, Teachers or Administrators can be nominated)
- Elementary Schools
- Secondary Schools
Leadership Award (1 award):
This award is for an OCDSB school administrator who has promoted the arts in the current academic year.
Marjorie Loughrey Lifetime Achievement Award (1 award):
For an OCDSB employee or volunteer who has demonstrated continual and distinguished excellence in arts education during a career spanning a minimum of 25 years. Only awarded once to the same individual.
Saturday May 6th for the 2017-2018 Academic Year.
Who can nominate?
Where do I nominate?
SAMPLE Arts Recognition Awards form:
Who will Judge?
Artists and art advocates in the Ottawa Community will be invited to judge this competition.
When will the results be posted?
Saturday, May 26th
When will the awards be presented?
In the evening, during the week of June 4th at the OCDSB board offices.
Who can I contact for questions?
The following documents guide the Arts Recognition Awards.
- Ontario Ministry of Education 21st Century Competencies Foundation Document for Discussion which emphasizes the PISA findings that well-being, creativity and project-based learning are fundamental to education.
- OCDSB Exit Outcomes